What is the Gas Safe Register?

Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. It replaced CORGI.

Why use Gas Safe Engineers?

Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.

Protect yourself from the dangers by following these simple steps:

  • Trust the Triangle – only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix or service your appliances
  • Get your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year
  • All Gas Safe registered engineers carry a Gas Safe Register ID card. Before any gas work is carried out always check the card and make sure the engineer is qualified for the work you need doing
  • Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm
  • Know the six main signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, nausea,breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.
  • Check for warning signs such as lazy yellow flames or black marks and stains around the appliance.This could be an indication that your appliance is not working correctly and you should get it checked.
  • If you suspect anyone is carrying out gas work illegally, report them to Gas Safe Register.

Releated News

KIDS & NATURAL GAS SAFETY

Read

Paul does Strictly

We are proud to announce that Paul and his partner Pauline absolutely amazed everyone with their performance along with the 18 other dancers. We think the plumbing and heating industry should be super proud of themselves from the merchants to...

Read

Safe Gas Success Continues as Company Expands

Safe Gas continues to go from strength to strength with the company recently opening a new showroom, launching a new mobile-friendly website and expanding into the renewables sector. The changes are a long way from the company’s humble beginnings in the kitchen of...

Read